Training Provider: Every Life Matters
Trainer: Juliet Gray
How to book: Eventbrite
This half day alertness training is aimed at those supporting children and young people in a wide variety of contexts and aims to:
- Explore the myths and facts around self-harm and suicide
- Be aware of the signs that someone may be self-harming or having thoughts of suicide
- Enable people to feel more comfortable and confident talking about self-harm and suicide and appreciate the importance of asking directly
- Understand our role in enabling people to seek support and in keeping someone safe
- Equip participants with support resources available locally and nationally, including an understanding of Cumbria Self-harm care pathways
Learning is through a mixture of presentation, discussion and small groupwork.
All students receive a certificate of participation.